Thursday, March 24, 2011

The beginning!

So this is the start of many posts I will be leaving on this page to document my time spent in Germany and other countries I will be privileged to go to. Many of you already know I am leaving for 5 months with a program called YWAM (youth with a mission). When I'm there, I will be developing a deeper relationship with God and finding my gifts He has given me to use to help others and make believers. I am so excited and nervous at the same time but I know this will be an adventure of a lifetime so when the opportunity presented itself to me (due to a bad incident :/ ) last November, I couldn't pass it up so I prayed long and hard about it and God told me to GO! I have many friends who have done this before but I should inform the people who have no clue exactly I'm doing in the countries I will be visiting. I will first start out in Germany, while I am there I will be put through an intensive,residential training course which begins with 8 to 12 weeks classroom phase followed by 8 to 12 weeks outreach phase in a third world country helping villages and teaching in schools...really just doing anything we can to help others and show Gods love.
well I leave on the 14th of April so I'm really hoping for some prayers while I prepare for my journey. Keep me in your thoughts friends. Love ya all! :) -Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment